April 3, 2020
Dear Storefront Family,
To ensure the continued health and safety of our community The Storefront has decided to continue with our temporary building closure during this time where novel Coronavirus, COVID-19 poses a serious public health problem. We are tentatively scheduled to reopen at the end of June, and will continuously re-evaluate this date as the situation unfolds. We will follow the guidance provided by local, provincial and federal public health authorities. The date may change.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU?
The entire building at 4040 Lawrence Avenue East and all outdoor amenities remain closed.
Our staff are working remotely to keep you updated and will continue working to ensure people have access to resources and information during this difficult time. We appreciate your patience with us. We will stay in regular communication with you in the days and weeks to come. Should you require assistance, please call our main line at (416) 208-9889. Our Community Resource Specialists are answering the phones and available to support you from 9 to 5, Monday to Friday. We will make every effort to answer your call in person, however if you get our voicemail, please leave a message. We will check for messages regularly and get back to you as soon as possible.
You can find The Storefront’s latest updates and announcements at our website: https://thestorefront.org/covid-19-updates/ and on our social media channels – Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. The KGO Updates community newsletter has also been sharing frequent neighbourhood updates and announcements (please see recent issues and subscribe!). For more information on COVID-19, please visit Toronto Public Health or Health Canada.
We will continue to monitor this situation and will communicate and follow guidelines as they are disseminated from health authorities. We will maintain our commitment and diligent efforts to mitigate exposure to and transmission of communicable illnesses within The Storefront community and ask that each of you please do your part in continuing to ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of everyone.
The City of Toronto’s Chief Medical Officer of Health has announced these emergency measures, in effect April 1st, that we all must take to stop COVID-19 more quickly, to save lives, and to protect our health care system:
- If you have COVID-19, or if you have had close contact with someone who has COVID-19, stay home for 14 days
- If you are returning from international travel, you must stay home for 14 days
- Anyone over the age of 70 is strongly encouraged to stay home as much as possible
- It is strongly recommended that those of us who aren’t ill or returning from travel stay home except for the following reasons:
- accessing healthcare or medication
- shop for groceries once per week
- walk your dog
- get daily exercise while maintaining physical distancing of at least two metres
- To protect yourself and those close to you, please also be sure to also wash your hands often as you go about your day, and avoid touching your face
Thank you for your cooperation and we look forward to welcoming you back as soon as possible.
The Team at East Scarborough Storefront