The East Scarborough Storefront (4040 Lawrence Ave. E.) is starting to safely re-open our building to the community! We will be open in a limited way starting Monday, July 6th. We are excited to welcome you back into our community space. Full details below, or please check out our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages for simple, shareable posts about the re-opening.
Here’s what you need to know before you visit:
We will be open Monday to Thursday from 10 AM to 2 PM. The first hour of the day (10-11 AM) is reserved for seniors and other people who are at risk or have accessibility needs.
What can I do at the building starting July 6th?
- Use the computers (limited to one 20-minute session per visit)
- Do your printing, photocopying, scanning, and faxing
- Speak to a Community Resource Specialist about community supports and resources
- Use the washroom
- Get a drink of water
What new measures are in place at the building to keep me and everyone else safe?
- A maximum of 6 community members at a time can be inside the building.
- You and everyone else inside the building must wear a face covering. If you don’t have one, we will give you one.
- Before you go inside, we will ask you health screening questions. If your answers suggest that you might need to get tested for COVID19, you will not be able to enter the building.
- You will need to sanitize your hands immediately before entering the building: there is a touchless sanitizer dispenser for you to use.
- We will be frequently sanitizing all surfaces that people touch, including door handles, washrooms, computer workstations, photocopier, fax machine. If it gets touched, it gets wiped!
- We will ask you to sign in when you enter the building with your name and contact information, and sign out before you leave. (We will keep this information private and only use it as necessary for your health and safety in contact tracing efforts.)
- We may ask you to leave the building if you appear to be experiencing symptoms including fever, cough, difficulty breathing, or other symptoms of COVID19. (If this happens, we recommend that you return home right away and contact your healthcare provider or Telehealth (1-866-797-0000) to find out if you need to go get tested).
We look forward to seeing you soon! And remember, you can still connect with us by phone, Monday to Friday from 9 AM to 5 PM: Call 416-208-9889 to speak to a Community Resource Specialist any day of the week.