The Storefront uses the Connected Community Approach to community development. What that means is that whether you are part of a resident group, organization or institution, we want to connect with you to see how together we can help the KGO community to thrive.
We’re happy to speak with you about any collaboration opportunity…here are just a few of the ways we collaborate
Supporting resident groups to interact with other resident groups, participate in resident led events, initiatives and projects – contact Margaret Brimpong email@example.com
Facilitating collaborative initiatives among the organizations in the KGO community – contact Shane Beharry firstname.lastname@example.org*
Supporting nonprofit programs and services organizations to bring their expertise through the community through the provision of free spaces, co-ordinated outreach and collective initiatives – contact Shane Beharry email@example.com*
Helping institutions (like University of Toronto Scarborough and others) get better connected with community building work on the ground – contact Shane Beharry firstname.lastname@example.org*
We’d love to hear from you!
Criteria for joining our service delivery hub:
Do you have a Program, Service, Initiative or Opportunity that would benefit Kingston-Galloway/Orton Park (KGO) and its residents?
If your organization would like to work with The Storefront, there are many possibilities to explore. For example, by:
- Providing direct service at The Storefront
- Hosting workshops or information sessions
- Working on committees or task groups
Space at the Storefront is provided for the provision of services, for the running of programs or for the meeting of community groups. Any group or agency using the Storefront must:
- Be not for profit
- Uphold the values and principles of The Storefront
- Charge no fees the service, program or group
- Provide services, programs or groups that are non-partisan, in no way associated with party politics, are not religious in nature
- Have a positive focus and not be adversarial in nature
- Commit to working within Storefront’s policies and procedures
- Work co-operatively with other Storefront partners to provide innovative and effective opportunities
- Provide liability coverage
Please contact Shane Beharry at email@example.com to discuss ideas.