November 21, 2020:
Notice: The Storefront building is closing temporarily
As of Monday November 23, The Storefront building at 4040 Lawrence Avenue East is closed until at least January 4, 2021, due to the latest COVID19 public health restrictions.
Storefront staff are still here for you remotely to keep you up-to-date and connected to the resources you need. We are answering the phones: call (416) 208-9889 from 9 AM to 5 PM, Monday to Friday to speak to a Community Resource Specialist. See also our Staff Directory to connect with a specific staff member by email or reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To stay in the loop with key local information and resources as our East Scarborough community navigates this next phase of the pandemic, sign up for the community e-newsletter KGO Updates (subscribe here).
For Storefront’s latest updates (and shareable posts about our temporary closure), follow us on social media @StorefrontKGO: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram. Bookmark and visit this page for any updates related to this closure.
We will get through this as a connected community, East Scarborough. Stay safe and stay in touch. The Storefront is still here for you!
Update, September 14, 2020: As of August 31, 2020, East Scarborough Storefront is now in Stage 2 of Re-Opening. The Storefront hours have been expanded to Monday to Thursday, 10am-3pm (computer access until 2:30pm).
Community partners will now be providing one on one services by appointment only. You can book appointments by calling 416-208-9889. Settlement Assistance & Family Support Service is available every Wednesday from 10am-12:30pm, starting September 2nd. Connecting Women with Scarborough Services will be available every Tuesdays, starting September 29th. We will continue to update the list of partners coming to The Storefront, stay tuned on our social media channels.
Please read our July 6 update below for more information about what you can do in our building and measures we have in place to keep everyone safe.
July 6, 2020: The East Scarborough Storefront (4040 Lawrence Ave. E.) is starting to safely re-open our building to the community! We will be open in a limited way starting Monday, July 6th. We are excited to welcome you back into our community space. Full details below, or please check out our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages for simple, shareable posts about the re-opening.
Here’s what you need to know before you visit:
We will be open Monday to Thursday from 10 AM to 2 PM. The first hour of the day (10-11 AM) is reserved for seniors and other people who are at risk or have accessibility needs.
What can I do at the building starting July 6th?
- Use the computers (limited to one 20-minute session per visit)
- Do your printing, photocopying, scanning, and faxing
- Speak to a Community Resource Specialist about community supports and resources
- Use the washroom
- Get a drink of water
What new measures are in place at the building to keep me and everyone else safe?
- A maximum of 6 community members at a time can be inside the building.
- You and everyone else inside the building must wear a face covering. If you don’t have one, we will give you one.
- Before you go inside, we will ask you health screening questions. If your answers suggest that you might need to get tested for COVID19, you will not be able to enter the building.
- You will need to sanitize your hands immediately before entering the building: there is a touchless sanitizer dispenser for you to use.
- We will be frequently sanitizing all surfaces that people touch, including door handles, washrooms, computer workstations, photocopier, fax machine. If it gets touched, it gets wiped!
- We will ask you to sign in when you enter the building with your name and contact information, and sign out before you leave. (We will keep this information private and only use it as necessary for your health and safety in contact tracing efforts.)
- We may ask you to leave the building if you appear to be experiencing symptoms including fever, cough, difficulty breathing, or other symptoms of COVID19. (If this happens, we recommend that you return home right away and contact your healthcare provider or Telehealth (1-866-797-0000) to find out if you need to go get tested).
We look forward to seeing you soon! And remember, you can still connect with us by phone, Monday to Friday from 9 AM to 5 PM: Call 416-208-9889 to speak to a Community Resource Specialist any day of the week.