This week’s Partner Spotlight features Centre Francophone and the work they do to support the French Speaking community. Centre Francophone was created in 2004 to help meet the needs of the Francophone community in Toronto.
Centre Francophone comes to The Storefront on Fridays from 9am to 5pm. They provide settlement services for newcomers who are French Speaking. The settlement worker can support with information about immigration and legal issues, sponsorship, housing, health, education, childcare and many other issues. They also offer help with applications for Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Resident card, subsidized housing, Employment Insurance, ODSP, OW, and work permits. They can also give referrals to Commissioning services and Certification of Documents.
If you or anyone you know could benefit from meeting a worker from Centre Francophone please call a Community Resource Specialist at The Storefront at (416) 208-9889 to book an appointment.
Throughout the city, Centre Francophone offers a great variety of services including:
- Health services: health clinic, mental health counselling and therapy services, children’s, mental health and espace jeunesse, community workshops, nutrition and dietetics, pregnancy and nutrition, and HIV-AIDS support programs.
- Children and family services: programs for children with special needs, health promotion workshops, health check and vaccination, and parent-child groups.
- Supports for newcomers: integration and settlement program, connexions communautaires program, and PIDEF / TÉE (Settlement in French-Language Schools Program).
- Employment services: one-on-one counselling, career plan development, CV writing,
job placement, practice interview, job search, invitation to recruitment activities, information sessions with professionals, job search workshops, Second Career (SC) and return to school information/ resources.
- Legal services: legal representation and advice, French-Language summary legal advice line, community legal workshops, notarial services and CFT justice blog.
They have various locations in the GTA including Etobicoke, North York, Etobicoke and Scarborough.
If you would like to learn more about Centre Francophone visit their website at: https://www.centrefranco.org/en/home/
To read about more of The Storefront’s AWESOME service delivery Partners, please visit our Partner Spotlight Archive.